Friday, February 6, 2009

Thanks for the indirect kick in the butt- Jenn!

Ok I'm way behind on updating this blog. I keep telling myself to update and then get caught up doing something else- typical me. For as anal as I can be- it's amazing how easily distracted I am. Anyways I was being distracted over at my friend Jenn's blog and saw my blog in a list of ones she follows and it guilted me enough to get a new post up. Thanks Jenn!

Not only have I been distracted but there just is not much to tell. January saw a few snowstorms- we still have about 2 feet of snow piled up out there. Unfortunately it is too cold for the children to go out and play in it. Charlie, Hannah and Owen enjoyed Disney on Ice again this year. They had great seats and Charlie figured the camera settings out and got some awesome shots. They also indulged in some cotton candy- sorry Gramps- they will brush well I promise.

Work has been steady- we will have a super busy day and then a slow day. I am actually taking a vacation in March- the first vacation since last June/July (well the first whole week since then). I'm starting it off with a weekend scrap retreat in North Conway NH and ending it the next weekend at my parents house in NH (so Charlie can take some more teaching tests). In between I will attempt to go through the bins of clothes we have that they have outgrown.

Charlie is still doing some part time web editing from home and is on the substitute teachers list. I'm not optimistic for GlaxoSmithKline to hire him back seeing as most pharmaceutical companies have been laying people off- but we will see come late March. He also has an interview next Thursday for the etep program at USM. It is a 9 month program that gives him lots of teaching experience and credits towards his Masters degree in teaching- hopefully making him that much more desirable to hire. It would start in September. He continues to sing in the church choir and attends monthly meetings.

Hannah is doing very well at school. Her reading ability is amazing and the teachers love her. They are still collecting postcards from the US and other countries- so if anyone wants to send a postcard- leave a comment and I will get you our address. She is looking forward to her February vacation - we are setting up some playdates to keep her busy. Hard to believe her 6th birthday is only about a month away! Her favorite songs are All the Single Ladies (Beyonce) and So What (Pink). She continues to sing in the church choir.

Owen is also doing well, although his work can be messy and he is made to do it over. He will attend kindergarten in the fall and a few friends will be attending the same school to help the transition. He is still in awe of Star Wars, Transformers, and Super Heroes (especially Spiderman and Batman). His favorite song is Kung Fu Fighting. He also continues to sing in the church choir and have fun on the TumbleBus at school.

Isabel continues to try everything her sister and brother do and loves to interfere while they are playing (much to their dismay). She is a dancing fool and cracks us up. She loves any song, singing and acting out Row Your Boat and Ring Around the Rosie, as well as rocking on the rocking horse. She also is a huge fan of lift the flap books (although some do not have flaps anymore- hmmm)

We continue to have a blast with friends- whether it's whole families or just couples, Helping out at school functions when we can and keeping the family afloat. Until next time.......

1 comment:

scrappyart said...

YYaaahhhhh way to go Erica. That was a nice family update. I am doing the 365 on my blog so I have been updating once to twice a week lets see how I'm doing in July.