Hard to believe my oldest is ready to start kindergarten, but she is and she did! She was so excited too- up early and pestering me for 1/2 hour that it was "time to go", didn't want "to be late", "is it time to go yet?". "when can we go?". I'm glad she is so excited for school- I think she may get that from me- I have been called a "gunner" by some (who shall remain nameless). Hannah is extremely smart and that is not just proud Momma talk- she really is. She can read very well, can spell many words, can add and subtract and is working on multiplication. She also has an amazing memory (like I used to- 3 babies later has really taken it's toll). So off we went with her in her uniform (she is so stinkin' cute!) and her Hello Kitty backpack with Barbie lunch box (she's my girly girl don't forget). She walked right into her class and then told me I could leave- "you can go" she said and waved me away. I was proud of myself- no tears! Ok well a bit teary eyed but no active crying. I had work to get to so couldn't be a blubbering mess.
Owen is actually doing well at preschool without Hannah. He also gets to stay home with Izzy and me on Wednesdays and besides constantly asking when we were picking Hannah up, I think he is enjoying some alone time. We are working on writing his letters and his speech. Also gearing up for his 4th birthday party- Spiderman of course!
Izzy is walking more- but still prefers a hand or something to hold on to. Although she has no problems crawling up the stairs- boy is she fast and she figured out the gate too ( I think I have another trouble maker on my hands). Thankfully she knows to go down on her belly feet first. She is starting to talk more as well and has a great sense of humor- she cracks us up. She loves to play hide and seek and chase and loves any attention form her sister and brother.
With the school year, comes all the other activities as well. Hannah will be signing in the church choir again this year and is excited to do so. We will see if Owen wants to join or not. Charlie will be starting back up again as well- he took last year off to help me with the children- so this Sunday will be interesting to see me arriving/juggling them at church. My guess is I'll be spending a lot of time in the nursery getting Izzy adjusted. Hannah did not want to do soccer this year- so maybe ice skating this winter and T- ball in the spring? I'm content with only 1 extra-curricular activity thus far.
Another busy month. I have 3 extra shifts this month and then hopefully the other doctor will be back. We have the Air Show this weekend- the last one here as the base is closing. The planes and jets have been practicing all week- causing Charlie to rush outside every time he hears one go by (I like to laugh at him). I work this weekend so I'm hoping the air show keeps everyone busy and I can get some administrative stuff done. Then next weekend we travel to NH to visit my family and see our new nephew- Harrison, another cutie. I also have a continuing education meeting later this month- so every weekend is booked with work or activities. I'll get some fun though too- a book club meeting and a night of Bunco with some great groups of friends.
I think that covers everything for now. Hope you all are well and catch ya later!
1 comment:
Hannah is adorable and laughed at how she kept checking the time to go :) Hee!
Post a Comment