Well as you can see I have been way too busy to be on here updating. Wow I can't believe I slacked off for 20 days- bad Erica! Well I haven't actually been slacking, the blog was just not priority one. So, sorry to keep you out of the loop for so long- now to catch you all up.
So Hannah is into her 4 the week of school and it is going well- she has the routine down and we are getting into it as well. She is also doing gymnastics with 2 classmates and church choir. I have a parent/teacher conference tomorrow (that kind of makes me feel old) and Hannah has school photos on Friday. She has weekly show and tell with the letter of the week, as well as computer, art, PE and a trip to the library once a week (oh yeah and mas every Friday morning). One Friday a month we can join her for a spaghetti lunch which is nice.
Owen has started his preschool program and is doing very well with writing his letters and numbers and is learning some site words already too! He will soon start Gymbus (a converted bus that goes to the school so the kids can do some gymnastics- it has rings, trampoline and matts) and he also has been singing in the church choir!
Charlie, Hannah and Owen enjoyed the last Brunswick Naval Airbase Air Show the first weekends in September. We visited my sister the second weekend and saw the cutie Harrison. He's a bit gassy (and stinky) but adorable. It was a bit crazy to see Izzy and Alexa together. Alexa is 1yr and 1 month older than Izzy yet only about 1/2 inch taller and if I'm correct weighs less. Alexa would sit on the ride on car and Izzy would push her!
I have been working a lot. The doctor that left for a family emergency is not returning anytime soon (if at all), so I have been needed to do many extra shifts. I have been doing 4-5 hour days (with most of those days being 11 hour days by the time everything work related is done). The little bit of extra cash is handy since Charlie's last day was this past Monday, but it is very tiring and stressful. I have managed to schedule a small 4 day mid week vacation at the end of October.
We have also been sick- started with Izzy last week- congested- she was diagnosed with bronchitis and is on antibiotics and doing much better. Hannah picked it up mid week and I did too one day later. We are all improved with just the runny noses lingering. Amazingly Owen has not caught it yet- maybe our croup days are over (knock on wood).
We are in the midst of planning Owen's birthday. We had a small shindig at my sister's house complete with cake and gifts (too many gifts- Grandy!). We will have cake on his actual day and give him a few presents from us and then the Saturday after his "real" birthday he is having some classmates over for a Spiderman party. We will play pin the spider on the web and I'm going to make targets for them to spray silly string at. Wish us nice weather!
Well that is about it- I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me we have been straight out.
No comments:
Post a Comment