Ok I'm still in shock that August is almost over- I need to get over it! To catch you all up from last post- I added a few new photos to my slide show- so make sure you take a gander at it. There are 2 new photos of me! Gasp- I know I hate photos of me- do I really look that bad? - it has to be the camera, right?
Love this photo of Owen "reading" and thought my layout of it was appropraite for school starting.
StoryLand was a blast- although busier than when we went last year. My advice to anyone going is to go after Labor Day. It is open on the weekends only after Labor Day from 9-5. The lines weren't horrible this time- but were longer than last year. We packed a picnic lunch and just splurged on cotton candy and some lemonades. We didn't hit all the rides but made sure to hit the favorites. For Hannah that is the flume ride and the roller coaster (she takes after me with thrill rides) and for Owen it was the train and the drive your own cars (tractors really). We saw one of the shows which was a "circus". Not a real circus as some of you know I am against animal circuses due to their animal cruelty- ok I'm off my soapbox now. Anyways they had 2 quick change artists- I have no idea how they change their outfits so darn fast- it was pretty amazing. A women who could handle 25 hula hoops (I can't even do 1), a "clown" on a trampoline, some trained cats- no inhumane training here, and a daredevil in a wheel on a revolving arm. We spent about 6 hours there and then headed on home- stopping at McDonalds for dinner (it was not the most nutritious day).
Saturday we did not make it to our friends party, which was a bit depressing, but the cold that had hit Hannah, Izzy and Charlie, finally hit Owen and I. And poor Owen gets croup with every head cold. So we bowed out instead of infecting everyone. We still had some fun around the house and the kids even swam in their kiddie pool.
Monday after work I took Hannah to an ice cream social at Hannah's school. She seemed to have a good time and I'm very happy to see that she knows a lot of other children. There will be 3 other kids from her daycare in her class- as well as a girl on our street, plus she knows 2 in the PreK program, 2 in 1st grade, 1 in 2nd and 1 in 3rd. She should be all set- now it's just me I have to worry about. I promise not to cry on her first day until after I have dropped her off. Her last day at BB is tomorrow and kindergarten starts Tuesday!
I'm more worried about Owen. He will be going to BB by himself this year. He is so used
having Hannah there with him. Even though they were in different classes they saw each other a lot and were able to play outside together. Izzy was going to go- but now that Charlie will be out of work for a bit (hopefully not too long), she will stay home. Owen will be participating in the preschool program which is why we will still send him.
Izzy is doing well- although still not walking more than 3 steps on her own without holding onto something and only says about 5 words. I'm really not comparing - oh ok I am a bit, it's super hard not to compare siblings- but I'm trying not to stress about it. She can still get into tons of mischief- especially with stairs, the bathroom and the dog bowls (thankfully we have wonderful dogs and cats that put up with her torture).
My extra night hours are over- I did pretty well and made a bit if extra cash for us. We had one of our doctors leave unexpectedly for family matters- not sure when (or if) she will be back- so I get to do a few extra days as well. Will be doing 3- which means I will be doing 4 days a week and one 5 day week. May get some in October too- we'll see. We are still planning on purchasing a new (larger) car (most likely minivan)- just don;t know when. Also still planning a Disney trip for October 2009 (yes I will be taking the kids out of school for a bit- they are only young once).
I think this is enough to bore you all with now- take care!
StoryLand was a blast- although busier than when we went last year. My advice to anyone going is to go after Labor Day. It is open on the weekends only after Labor Day from 9-5. The lines weren't horrible this time- but were longer than last year. We packed a picnic lunch and just splurged on cotton candy and some lemonades. We didn't hit all the rides but made sure to hit the favorites. For Hannah that is the flume ride and the roller coaster (she takes after me with thrill rides) and for Owen it was the train and the drive your own cars (tractors really). We saw one of the shows which was a "circus". Not a real circus as some of you know I am against animal circuses due to their animal cruelty- ok I'm off my soapbox now. Anyways they had 2 quick change artists- I have no idea how they change their outfits so darn fast- it was pretty amazing. A women who could handle 25 hula hoops (I can't even do 1), a "clown" on a trampoline, some trained cats- no inhumane training here, and a daredevil in a wheel on a revolving arm. We spent about 6 hours there and then headed on home- stopping at McDonalds for dinner (it was not the most nutritious day).
Saturday we did not make it to our friends party, which was a bit depressing, but the cold that had hit Hannah, Izzy and Charlie, finally hit Owen and I. And poor Owen gets croup with every head cold. So we bowed out instead of infecting everyone. We still had some fun around the house and the kids even swam in their kiddie pool.
Monday after work I took Hannah to an ice cream social at Hannah's school. She seemed to have a good time and I'm very happy to see that she knows a lot of other children. There will be 3 other kids from her daycare in her class- as well as a girl on our street, plus she knows 2 in the PreK program, 2 in 1st grade, 1 in 2nd and 1 in 3rd. She should be all set- now it's just me I have to worry about. I promise not to cry on her first day until after I have dropped her off. Her last day at BB is tomorrow and kindergarten starts Tuesday!
I'm more worried about Owen. He will be going to BB by himself this year. He is so used
having Hannah there with him. Even though they were in different classes they saw each other a lot and were able to play outside together. Izzy was going to go- but now that Charlie will be out of work for a bit (hopefully not too long), she will stay home. Owen will be participating in the preschool program which is why we will still send him.
Izzy is doing well- although still not walking more than 3 steps on her own without holding onto something and only says about 5 words. I'm really not comparing - oh ok I am a bit, it's super hard not to compare siblings- but I'm trying not to stress about it. She can still get into tons of mischief- especially with stairs, the bathroom and the dog bowls (thankfully we have wonderful dogs and cats that put up with her torture).
My extra night hours are over- I did pretty well and made a bit if extra cash for us. We had one of our doctors leave unexpectedly for family matters- not sure when (or if) she will be back- so I get to do a few extra days as well. Will be doing 3- which means I will be doing 4 days a week and one 5 day week. May get some in October too- we'll see. We are still planning on purchasing a new (larger) car (most likely minivan)- just don;t know when. Also still planning a Disney trip for October 2009 (yes I will be taking the kids out of school for a bit- they are only young once).
I think this is enough to bore you all with now- take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment