Friday, July 25, 2008

Oops I'm Already Behind- July 25th


Ok I'm already behind in my goal of posting once a week- it has been 2 weeks since my last post. Life has just been that crazy and busy. Let's see where to begin.....

I'm doing extra hours (about 3- 5/week) at work to gain a bit of extra cash as Charlie has to take a 6 month leave from his work. Since he is contracted by the company he is supposed to work 18 months and then take 6 months off (something to do with the whole Microsoft contractor hoopla and whether you get benefits or not, if they do it this way they do not have to give you benefits). We have been so fortunate that for the past 5 1/2 years he has been able to work straight through with no 6 month time off period- but alas our luck seems to be running out. His last day was supposed to be July 21st but they extended him a month (until August 21st) and may be extending him another month (see how we got to do 5 years!). For me it's a bit stressful being so up in the air- but I'm happy they keep extending him. He's been looking for other jobs and has an interview today as well- so we shall see. If it turns out we are fine- I'll have extra cash for bills and maybe some scrap goodies!!!!

Hannah had her 5 year check up last week and 3 shots for kindergarten. She is still so excited for kindergarten- I'm still having a hard time believing she is old enough! She will be attending a local parochial school, so at least there will be no fights over what to wear- it's a uniform. She is so smart and can read so well already as well as writing and spelling and addition and subtraction. I'm a bit afraid she will be bored at school- but do not want to have her skip right now. We are hoping she wants to try soccer this fall and she will continue to do choir at church. Owen may join choir this year as well.

Wednesday the 16th, I did a kennel call for Mrs P's at Chesapeake Safe Harbor she rescues Chessie's although she ends up with a bunch of others as well. The website is http://www.chesapeakesafeharbor.com/ . I go about 4 times a year and make sure all the dogs are up to date on vaccines, heartworm tests and are in good general health. Mrs P is an amazing women with a big heart and I'm always amazed at how she handles the dogs. If you don't know anything about them- Chessies are great dogs they can be as wonderful as Labs and Goldens but unfortunately, because of poor breeding the have a bad rep for their attitudes and can be aggressive. She had a mix breed mom with 4 puppies and my sister will be adopting the little boy.

We had a blast at our friends Midsummer Eve Dance Party and Camp Out. Her family invited a few families over for a BBQ that included dancing to an awesome mix of music, silly string fights, bubble blowing, chalk art, making slime, hula hooping, milkshakes and then camping out for the evening. It was our first time camping out with the kids and they did great. Of course now they want to do it some more! It was just an awesome, laid back time with the kids being kids- perfect.

Sunday we got together with a college buddy and his family. Just chatting and catching up. It's funny how we have changed a bit now that we have families of our own. We will be seeing them for lunch tomorrow as well before they head back to NY.

Monday we had another BBQ, this time at our house with our best friends from Virginia. They used to live across the street from us, but moved to VA in November. We miss them a bunch but it has been great seeing them the last few weeks. This was to be their last night before heading back home and we were able to get them addicted to the Wii. I see them getting one very soon. I unfortunately had to cut the night short because I was going to see Big Papi/David Ortiz play with the SeaDogs- our local double A baseball team for the Boston Red Sox. I have never seen that stadium so full and loud! Papi hit for 6 innings- and was 3 for 4. I got some pictures and had a great time, even got to enjoy a SeaDog Biscuit (an ice cream sandwich).

Wednesday we had a playdate with some friends from daycare- some we don't see much anymore as they are no longer in daycare with us, so it was fun to see them again. The kids played in the kiddie pool and sprinkler, played in the yard and had a great time. We host the playdate next week- I'm hoping for good weather. Then I had a lobster dinner with some girl friends. We had lobsters and steamers and an amazing pie, plus tons of laughs! They are crazy and I'm so happy they have included me in their circle- they are an amazing group of ladies and are so fun to be around.

Alright I think I have caught you all up to my life now. I have a long weekend this weekend- it is also the only weekend from now until school starts for Hannah on the 28th that is completely free of a commitment. So I'll try to stay updated but we are looking busy!

No comments: