Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation?


I'm going to start including a layout with some of my posts. This is one of my all time favorite scrap layouts. The picture was taken by a friends daughter who does photography (Carriemarine.com) and it's the best photo in the world. This layout is super simple- but I really wanted the focus to be the amazing photo.

Ok now on with the update- I was on vacation this week. Besides some long (3 day weekends), a 4 day weekend on Memorial Day and a 5 day weekend in March- this was the first vacation I have taken since being back from maternity leave in September! 10 months is a long time to go with more than just 2 days off in a row, but we have been down a doctor since the first week in February- finally filling that spot the first week in June. She is working out great and just in time, as we start to get busy in the summer with all the tourists and summer folk. I was getting pretty tired of doing extra shifts.


So how did I spend my week off from work? Cleaning, organizing and purging stuff. We have decided that our family is complete, so it was time to organize our storage areas- a bittersweet project. I needed to get all the boy stuff together for my sister who is due in August. I gave some girl stuff to a neighbor who is due in September and a co-worker who has a 13 week old. The rest, along with the maternity clothes I no longer need, I'm going to sell on Ebay and hopefully make some spending cash. Also went through some scrapbooking stuff to sell at the local scrapbooking store's yard sale (to get credit to buy new stuff :)- I'm a bit addicted).


The week was actually very nice weather wise- in the high 70s and 80s with a few T-storms in the early part of the week. Besides cleaning this week Charlie's parents moved into their new house in Topsham (the town next to ours), there was my Dad's 68th birthday on Monday- so he got a singing phone call (I'm sure it was off key), the dogs had baths, I had my book club (read "Love the One You're With" by Emily Geffen- quick chic-lit read), and today was the church's Strawberry Festival. We went and met some friends for some ice cream and strawberry shortcakes- strawberries are one fruit Owen will eat and he had many! I think we are going to go picking this weekend- if Owen stocks up on fruit during the summer, maybe I won't feel so guilty over the winter. I hope you are all enjoying your summer. I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sounds like you've had a busy week! (but got a lot accomplished too) I listened to the audio version of "Love the One You're With" last month and really enjoyed it.